Friday, February 10, 2012

Best Friends Quilt

Hi, Janet here. Thought it was about time I introduced myself.  I mostly work at our Deloraine store, Fresh Fabric, and from time to time take the trip to Latrobe to work a day or two at Picture Patchwork.

I wasn't sure what to share with you for my first entry, but Jennie suggested our "Best Friends" quilt, which we put together just in time to take to the Melbourne Craft and Quilt fair in 2011. The pattern is by the very clever Clare Horsman from Clares Place. (You can read all about Clare in the latest Australian Homespun magazine, or go to her website http://www.claresplace.com.au/), and the fabric range is "Happier" by Riley Blake Designs.

The centre panel of the quilt is and stitched in perle no. 5 thread, the owl appliques can be hand or machine stitched, and the rest of the quilt was machine sewn.  We also used a quilt-as-you-go technique to finish the quilt.

We have patterns available for $14.95 and kits for $125, which include the pattern and all the fabric for the quilt top and binding.

I would just like to add that I love this quilt.  It was so satisfying to make, perhaps because with tuition from Selina I discovered the joy of quilt as you go, and at the completion of each step i was so pleased with the results, and the end result was better than i could have hoped for.
Until next time, happy sewing. Janet.

No comments:

Post a Comment