Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Back at last!!

Hi everyone, I am sorry I haven't been able to get back into our blog till now as Google in it's wisdom changed a few things on peoples blogs & it has made it IMPOSSIBLE to get in to post anything.

 So YIPPEE they have finally fixed it all , I wasn't the only one to send a complaint!!!! Any way, hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful autumn weather.I absolutely love it.Now I can get back in the garden at some stage, I have a big heap of mulch that needs spreeding. And isn't this rain great, just what our poor gardens need.

 We have some lovely new kits in the store just made up. They are Nine Birds by Emma Jean Jansen & we have kitted them using 2 different ranges.The kits are made up of 9 birds appliqued onto a drunkards path circle. The first range is Florence by Denyse Schmidt. This range is in lovely burnt oranges, brown & grey tones.I am not normally an orange fan but I love this range.can just see this madeup.
 The other choice of fabric is Sparky & Marie by Jot Creates. This selection is in blues, aqua,cream & brown. both kits have our lovely hanky linen in as background & a border.

 Kits retail for $115.00 or patterns for $17.50 I have made up this quilt some time ago & I must say I really enjoyed making it & all my family love the end result.








We  also have a kit for the  littlies called Menagerie
by Judy Newman. This quilt features 16 appliqued squares with a different animal on each that can be done by hand or machine. kits are $95.00 or patterns for $16.95. Both kits are perfect for the winter months to sit in the warmth & hand stitch near the fire or in a corner of a sunny room some where.


We have just sold out of this colour way sorry but are in the process of doing up some more to be released soon.





 BOOK REVIEW
 My book this time around is called 'Simple start Stunning Finish' by Valori Wells This book mainly uses big print fabric to achieve some stunning results.Valori covers quite a few techniques from straight piecing,simple curve piecing,& paper foundation piecing.She lso shares her skills on blind hem stich, raw edge applique & echo quilting. She draws her inspiration from her surroundings. The book is beautiful, full of great colour photos & easy to follow instructions. As the title suggests it IS a stunning book & we have them for $35.95 each. Ooops forgot to take a picture of this 1 sorry!!

So good to be back, see you all soon, Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment